Login to Complete an Entry or to Access Judging Panel
Four Weeks to a Successful Award Entry
The goal of this education series is to take you step-by-step through preparing an entry for our annual awards programs.
- Review the Categories.
- Review your work from the previous year. For the 2021 PRAM PRism Awards, entries must have appeared (published, printed, presented, etc.) between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
- Decide what you would like to enter. Select works you feel showcase your skills, successful campaigns and ability to understand the four-step RPIE (Research, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation) process.
- Gather all collateral materials.
- Include all samples/supporting materials that are referred to in your entry.
- It is recommended to save all collateral material images as one PDF attachment.
- A maximum of three attachments and two URLs are allowed.
- Review the four-step process. For more information, consider these resources:
- Cutlip and Center's Effective Public Relations, Broom, Glen M., Sha, Bey-Ling
- Strategic Planning for Public Relations, Smith, Ronald D.
- Write the research section for your entry. (500-word limit)
- Summarize the situation and define the problem or potential problem.
- Provide information gathered through formal and informal research methods.
- Write the planning section for your entry. (250-word limit)
- Develop a strategy, identify goals, objectives, tactics and key publics.
- How were the objectives specific, measurable and audience-specific?
- Write the implementation section for your entry. (500-word limit)
- Discuss how tactics were used in the execution and implementation.
- Include timeline and budget information.
- Show how the project was creative.
- Write the evaluation section for your entry. (250 word limit)
- Identify research methods used to evaluate the success of the campaign/project/tactic during and after.
- Determine ways to measure whether the project achieved its objectives.
- If the project had limitations, how were they overcome?
- Did the project stay within the timeline and budget?
- Review your entire entry.
- Proof for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- Have a colleague read your entry and see if anything needs clarification or further explanation (within the word count limit).
- Check your collateral material and make sure you've included everything before you make the PDF to upload.
- Complete the entry form in the online awards system.
- Pay for your entry by credit card or check. Note: once you pay for your entry, no changes can be made.